Russell Chest SealRegular price £22.30
The Russell Chest Seal™ is a hydrogel-based dressing with an integral low-profile valve. It’s purpose is to cover penetrating chest wounds to allow air to escape from the pleural cavity without being drawn back in. The aim is to minimise lung collapse associated with this injury and to facilitate lung re-inflation.
The base material of the Russell Chest Seal™ makes an excellent airtight and secure seal. It has been thoroughly tested and proven on military operations and adheres effectively to sweaty and hairy skin. It will remain adhered over many hours and is comfortable for the patient in prolonged use.
- Fast, easy and intuitive to apply
- Patented hydrogel base - Sticks and Stays Stuck
- 4 large peripheral apertures allow drainage of air and blood
- Large central hole in base material allows quick accurate placement with reduced risk of obstructing the wound opening
- Low profile and highly flexible
- Compact: easy to pack into medical kit